Saturday, March 10, 2012

Coughing in Karon


I have a new metric to judge vacation spots by - would it still be fun even if you had pneumonia?  I'm happy to report that Karon Beach in Thailand passed, though I would love to return sometime when I could actually breathe.  Still, we had a lovely week there.  Eating lots of Thai food, cold drinks (of the fruit variety only, for me, sadly), good books, and lots of laying on the beach.   For a change of pace, sometimes we went to our hotel's rooftop pool instead.   Our most strenuous activity the entire week was a rousing game of mini-golf, surrounded by fake dinosaurs.  Pretty fun actually.

Scenery like this made it harder to concentrate on your golf swing.
The view from our hotel room.

Andy enjoys an evening dip in the pool as the sun goes down.

This is where I spent the ENTIRE week, coughing, but happy.

While the vacation was fun, our trip back was a bit challenging.  Feeling more rotten as the trip went on, I felt a rib crack while I was coughing on our way to the airport.  I'm not sure I've ever had a longer flight than the trip back from Phuket to Seoul.  But, many antibiotics and painkillers later, I'm finally looking back on this trip fondly!

No comments:

Post a Comment