Sunday, March 25, 2012

A Change of Scenery

So, after four weeks off with a cracked rib, I finally started back up running today.  I was so happy to be back out exercising again, and it didn't hurt as long as I didn't breathe deeply.  Non-runners may not believe it, but that's really not a problem.  When you've been running for roughly 15 years, you can truck along at an easy pace without breathing hard, even if you're supremely out of shape.  However, going back over the gym and hopping on my favorite (of 2) treadmills didn't feel as familiar as usual.  You're away for a month and they change everything!  In this case, the change consisted of the interesting decorating choice of three large cross-stitched portraits of nude women.  It really is quite mind-boggling.  Someone not only bought these kits, but then spent countless hours painstakingly cross-stitching the portraits in their full color glory, then tastefully matted and framed them, and decided to hang them in our apartment complex gym.  I mean, I know the winters are long here, but really....

No comments:

Post a Comment