Sunday, May 1, 2011

Thai food in Mongolia!

This Friday we were in need something a little different.  The temperature had just dropped at the end of the week after a beautiful spring weekend.  Snow covered the ground outside our window.  The ridgelines were white in the distance, reflecting the sun blindingly into my eyes.

Escape.  That is what we need.  Escape to a sunny paradise - like Thailand!  Unfortunately for all the wishful thinking filling my dreams whenever I peaked out the window at the snowy mess below, I could not think my way there.  So instead we went out to Thai Express, a pretty nice (for Mongolia) Thai restaurant in a mall overlooking the city of UB.


The city looked pretty drab below us, but the tom yum soup and fish lakhsa eased our pain a bit.  We will see warm, sunny days once again.  Eventually.  In about a month.  I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment