We've now been living in Trinidad for just over two months, and are settling in. We're having a good time so far, particularly with the beaches and the local cuisine. Some things have been easier than expected, some harder, but it has all been different. Neither of us has ever lived in a climate like this, and so we've been learning a lot. I had a laugh reviewing the Google searches we've done since we moved here, and thought I'd share some.
1. How do you open a coconut?
I've gotten pretty good de-husking the ones that fall from our tree out back.
2. What is the best way to cut up a pineapple?
I hate pineapple, but it's so good here I'm coming around to them. Yum.
3. What is the best way to cut a mango?
Mango tree out back!
4. (Shortly following question #3) Mango allergy?
Turns out, mango sap is closely related to poison ivy. Not fun. :(
5. How to make a pina colada?
6. Giant African Snail???
Apparently, we have an infestation of them in our neighborhood.
7. dark fish with bright blue spots?
We've been having lots of fun snorkeling at a local beach. Turns out, the fish I saw was a Yellowtail Damselfish.
Looking forward to many more discoveries over the next 2 years!
No comments:
Post a Comment