I love New Year's resolutions. Though they rarely last, it's always a good excuse to give my constant self-reinvention a kick into gear. Last year, my resolution was to keep in better touch with my friends and family. All of you who did not hear from me last year can attest that I failed utterly and totally. So I'm giving up on that one.
2012 Resolutions
1) Visit at least 4 new countries.
We did terribly at this this year. We spent only 3 days outside of Mongolia in all of 2011, and those were to South Korea, which, though I love, was not a new country for me. I'm cheating a bit with this goal, since we already have 3 countries pretty much in the bag: Australia (Jan), Thailand (Feb), Trinidad &Tobago (July). So, in the last half of the year we just need to get to one other country to make this goal. We better be able to do that.
2) Write at least 3 blogs a month.
My blog writing this year was either feast or famine; I want to get better at writing more consistently next year. I don't think anyone but our parents and grandparents are reading, but this counts as keeping in touch, right?
3) Nah, I'm going to stick with just two.
| Happy New Year from a Mongolian bonfire in the middle of nowhere! |
No comments:
Post a Comment